Liberal Arts and Sciences Career Services partners with students to provide career development education and opportunities for students to connect with employers. We work with students from the first year of college through graduation and beyond to help the students of our college launch and maintain successful careers.
We can partner with you to…
- create a personalized career plan
- write a resume
- compose a cover letter
- search for a job or internship
- prepare for an interview
- answer additional career related questions
Make an Appointment
- Log on to CyHire and select “Request an Advising Appointment”
- Appointment check in is located at 131 Carver Hall.
- We see students and alumni by appointment only.
Four Year Career Plan
Complete as many of the activities below as you can, and you’ll find yourself on the way to a great career opportunity!
- Browse this website to learn about the services and resources offered to students and alumni
- Sign in to your CyHire account to access internship and full-time job postings
- Get involved in student clubs and organizations
- Gather information about majors and careers
- Conduct informational interviews or job shadow individuals in careers you are interested in pursuing
- Begin a resume to keep track of employment, education information, and campus/community involvement
- Visit career fairs to gather information about career paths and to practice networking
- Continue to explore career paths
- Take on leadership positions in student clubs and organizations
- Visit Career Services to help with career planning, a resume update, career fair preparation, and/or interview tips
- Visit the career fairs and utilize CyHire to learn more about internship opportunities
- Obtain an internship to gain experience and knowledge in your field, and consider earning credit for your internship experience
- Prepare a job search or graduate school application plan
- Update your resume and schedule an appointment with Career Services to have your resume and job search plan reviewed
- Use job search resources including CyHire to locate job postings
- Network with past employers, faculty members, alumni, family, and friends
- Attend career fairs
- Contact Career Services if you have questions about salary or negotiations
- Report your employment!